If your cold, you can be sure your furry friend is to.
Here are a few steps to take to keep your pets warm and healthy.
- Keep area rugs, blankets or pads on tile, hardwood or any non-carpeted floors where your dogs might sleep or lay down.
- Limit time outdoors. Don’t leave pets outside in cold weather for long periods of time.
- Consider a sweater or coat for short haired dogs who might get extra cold.
- When coming in from the rain or snow, blow dry or towel dry pets coat. Keep paws clean and dry to help avoid cracks and cuts from dry skin. Messaging coconut oil on pads can help hydrate those areas of the skin
- Don’t keep dogs in cars for very long in cold weather. Put some throws or blankets down to help them stay warm and comfortable when leaving them in the car.